The Museum is currently closed to visitors for the winter. It will open again at Easter 2024 with a wonderful new exhibition.
Please check the website and local advertisements for details of the exhibition for 2024
Please refer to Plan your visit for full details of opening hours etc.
The Courthouse has an interesting history of its own and items from the past can still be seen. The museum houses the soup boilers which were installed in 1847. These were used to provide soup to villagers in times of agricultural depression during the 19th century. In 1879 the main downstairs area became a fire station and items from this period of the building’s history can be seen in the museum. The most significant of which is the 18th-century fire engine which can often be seen outside the museum when it is open.
A pictorial overview of the history of the village and the museum with maps, photographs and newspaper articles is permanently on display and a few items of small agricultural machinery are situated outside the museum
Please browse through the posters below to see the great variety of exhibitions displayed over the years. There are more photos on our gallery page